Sunday, June 17, 2012

Top Ten Texts 5, and 7


 Periodic Table of Elements Website
Ptable. (n.d.). Retrieved June 15, 2012, from Dynamic Periodic Table: http://www.ptable.com/
For my classes that will study the periodic table of elements, the Ptable website displays and interactive table of elements. I feel that this would be a great tool to project on the wall during class time. I table show many of the properties and provides a visual for the vocabulary that will be learned during the lesson. For example, it would be nice to provide an out of class assignment when the students will be required to use the interactive table to answer questions dealing with atomic weight, number of electrons, melting/boiling point and isotopes.

Energy and the Four States of Matter – Video

States of Matter - Energy and the Four States of Matter. (n.d.). Retrieved June 15, 2012, from neoK12: http://www.neok12.com/php/watch.php?v=zX0a00427e02510841527f06&t=States-of-Matter 

This three and a half minute video is about the four states of matter: solid, liquid, gas, and plasma. This would be a great audio to show to the class as an introduction to the lesson. I would like to hand out a work sheet that the students could answer by watching the video. After the video is over I would incorporate a class discussion about the handout, letting the students answer any questions that other students missed. I believe this introductory lesson would be a great hook. The video could also serve as an activation of prior knowledge when they are reading the text.

No comments:

Post a Comment